All activities offered are with mental health in mind – to promote the benefits of the outdoors and to spark new interests in nature and map skills and learn how accessible the countryside is.
Example activities – UK based:
- Guided walks
- Bespoke navigation days on the hills and mountains of Gwent and the Brecon Beacons National Park
- National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS) courses at Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Hill and Mountain Skills courses which are offered by Mountain Training UK
- Rescue Emergency Care (REC) First Aid courses
- Individual interviews to identify what learning is required and establish action plans
- Royal Geographical Society (RGS) Off Site Safety Management courses
A progressive program could be followed to incorporate skills learned from the above courses and this could be over a six-month or twelve-month period.
Example activities – international:
- Treks to Everest Base Camp which can be charity treks
- Treks in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco
Some of these activities are in partnership with my Technical Adviser who is Alan Ward – International Mountain Leader (email@example.com)